EA stands for our Emerging Adults group. Typically college age, or recent college grads, this group is for the 18-29 year old. With fellowship activities around college breaks, and a regular Bible study, this new aspect of our family ministry is small and new, but seen as essential for this PHASE. At the moment, Sunday school for this specific group is unavailable, but we encourage them to find a place in another adult class. Check out the event calendar for these meetings.
Within our Family Ministry, our goal is to RELATE to them as they pursue understanding their faith in the context to the world they live in. We aim to have them know and live these three truths before they enter their thirties.
- I am made with purpose and have value.
- I can rely on God and my faith community when I struggle.
- God has called me to steward my gifts to help make a better world.
HS stands for our High School group (9th-12th). With a weekly youth group Sunday nights 6-8pm, a Sunday school class on Sunday mornings, and special events and fundraisers throughout the year; this group applies their Biblical understandings to their daily life. They are leaders in our KidMin programs and contribute to congregational life by leading worship occasionally. We welcome all high school students to join this Christian community, and exploring their interests on how to serve the Church.
Our goal within this PHASE is to MORALIZE them to help them pursue authentic faith and personal mission. We aim to instill these truths before they graduate:
- I’m created to pursue a relationship with my Creator.
- I trust what Jesus Christ did to transform who I need to become.
- I exist to demonstrate God’s love to those around me.
MS stands for our Middle School group (7th& 8th). With a weekly youth group on Wednesday nights 7-8:30 pm, a Sunday school class on Sunday mornings, with occasional events and fundraisers throughout the year; this group digs deep into their Bibles, and their understanding of their identity as a Christian within the Church today. This year, the group will be going through Confirmation. In this class they will learn the importance and influence of the Church, and decide if they want to be a member of that Church.
Within this PHASE, our goal is for us to AFFIRM them in their individual ‘faithing’ as they discover the value of a faith community. We aim to teach these truths to them before they reach high school:
- I will love God because He will never stop loving me.
- I will follow Jesus Christ because He knows me better than I know myself.
- I will live out God’s story so others can know who Jesus is.
5/6 is our elementary youth group comprised of 5th and 6th graders! Weekly youth group is on Wednesday nights 6-7:30 pm. We spend some time with the MS group so we can play bigger and better games! Our largest group continues to grow as we ENGAGE so they may trust in God’s character as they experience God’s family. We encourage them to live these truths:
- I can trust Jesus no matter what.
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.