Role of Associate for Family Ministries
Shreve United Methodist Church
(hereafter referred to as SUMC)
PURPOSE: Love the Lord. Love One Another. Make Disciples.
VISION: Share. Support. Serve. Send.
The Associate for Family Ministries will support the God-given Purposes and Vision of SUMC by
providing oversight and leadership to family discipleship ministries with a particular emphasis upon children,
youth, and adults. Within our model of ministry, the pastors equip God’s people to do the work of the ministry
(see Ephesians 4:11-16). We are seeking an energetic equipping individual who can recruit, empower, and
support ministry leaders and teams for all our multigenerational family ministries.
Develop a strategic and tactical plan for multigenerational and family ministry in keeping with the
overall vision and mission of SUMC
Recruit, train, encourage, and coordinate teams of volunteer leaders, empowering parents and
youth leaders to be key partners in the discipleship of children and youth
Champion the use of technology / software in ministry
Plan specific opportunities for targeted discipleship growth
Participate in the Triway Christian Education program.
Work with the Lead Pastor to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship,
learn, and serve together
GENERAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must pass drug testing and background check.
- Experience in church leadership including preaching, teaching, and equipping for ministry
- Strong and growing in faith with theological depth and a passion for family discipleship ministry
- Aligned with SUMC Statement of Faith, Vision, Mission and Values
- Teachable, self-motivated, dependable, relational
- Teamwork, collaboration, punctuality, confidentiality
- Scheduling, organization, time management, verbal/written communication skills, problem solving
- 5+ years of prior ministry experience is preferred
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to take an idea, then initiate, execute, and maintain the assignment
- Must be willing to work evenings as needed
o Attend staff meetings
o Administrate SUMC Child Safety/Safe Sanctuary policy
o Stay abreast of and evaluate trends affecting youth in the church and community
o Communicate family issues and perspectives with confidentially to lead pastor
o Perform other duties as assigned
How to Apply
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Staff Parish Relations Committee Chairperson Scott
Boothby at firstname.lastname@example.org